Highchair - Walnut by Nomi
Nomi is the next generation high chair that seamlessly adjusts without tools, and evolves with children's changing needs from birth with the Nomi Baby all the way through the teenage years as the Nomi Chair!
Scandinavian design by world renowned seating expert - Peter Opsvik, who spent his entire career studying what he calls "active sitting". His philosophy is that children need a stable platform for their feet from which to move - so the child will sit actively and varied - but stay seated.
In 1972, Peter designed the iconic Tripp Trapp Chair for his son, which brought the child up to the table, and the floor up to the child with an adjustable footrest. Fast forward to 2013 when Peter's first granddaughter was born, and based on his 40 years of seating design experience, he knew he could do better. The result, the Nomi Concept. Nomi is the evolution of the original concept, utilizing more modern materials and technology, resulting in a sleeker design, making daily use even simpler.
Nomi easily transforms from a raised bouncer for your newborn to a high chair to a chair, so your child is positioned in the most comfortable & ergoNOMIc position from newborn all the way to adulthood, holding up to 330 lbs.
Unlike traditional high chairs that cannot be used until your baby can sit up on their own, Nomi allows you to bring your newborn up to the table with the addition of the Nomi Baby raised bouncer attachment.
The Nomi High Chair is EASY TO CLEAN which is one of the top requirements for parents when looking for a high chair! Its sleek design doesn't trap food and Nomi is lightweight which makes cleaning a breeze - you can even hang it on the table edge to clean underneath.
When sitting in either a booster seat or an adult chair with dangling feet, children get fidgety and uncomfortable, making it hard for them to focus on their meal. The Nomi Chair brings your child up to the table and the floor up to their feet, so they are always comfortable, like you are in a regular adult-sized chair.
Not just for meals - perfect for all activities, homework, crafts, coloring, games, or just spending time with family.
Manufactured in Europe with environmentally responsible components. Seamless adjustment of the seat and footrest with no tools required. Available in 28 combinations to fit any decor 4 wooden stem options and 7 chair color variations.
We believe family meal time is special; conversation, socialization, and special moments all occur around the dining table. With Nomi, everyone is included, even the youngest family members!
- Tested best as the #1 HIGH CHAIR (2018) by Stiftung Warentest in Germany. JPMA certified and meets the latest 2018 ASTM safety standards.
- We believe that family meal time is special; conversation, socialization, and special moments all occur around the dining table. With Nomi, you make sure that everyone is included, even the youngest family members!
- Scandinavian design by world renowned seating expert - Peter Opsvik. Manufactured in Europe with environmentally responsible components.
- EASY TO CLEAN! - Its sleek design doesn't trap food and lightweight design allows you to hang it on the table edge to clean underneath.
- Available in 28 combinations to fit any decor 4 wooden stem options and 7 chair color variations.
- Seamless adjustment of the seat and footrest with no tools required.
- Easily transforms from infant High Chair to Chair - allows you to position your child in the most comfortable & ergoNOMIc position from newborn all the way to adulthood, the strong and sturdy wooden stem holds up to 330 lbs.
- Unlike traditional high chairs that cannot be used until your baby can sit up on their own, the Nomi allows you to bring your newborn up to the table with the addition of the Nomi Baby raised bouncer attachment.
- Accessories available - Nomi Baby, Nomi Cushions, and Evomove Tray.
- Have you ever been on a bar stool and not had somewhere to put your feet? This is what children deal with for 9-11 years between a high chair and when they grow into a standard dining room chair.
0-6 months - include your baby around the family table: During your baby's first months the muscles are not strong enough to support upright sitting. It is recommended for the child to frequently lie on a flat surface with free mobility. Nomi Baby is the perfect choice when you need an extra hand. It lifts your baby from the floor - with dust, feet or paws - and includes your newcomer at the family table right from the start.
6-24 months. Your baby wants to sit: When your child is around 6-9 months old, time has come to sit unassisted. At this point your baby is probably able to roll over from the stomach to crawling position - and from there to sitting. Simply replace Nomi Baby with the seat, back- and footrest of Nomi Highchair combined with the Nomi Mini restraint. Nomi Mini will provide support and freedom to move - the best foundation for developing your child's motoric skills.
From 2 years - Your child moves on: When your child makes attempts to climb up and down from the chair, it's time to remove the restraint. Watch your child in the chair, and offer a little help getting up and down. After a while your child will be able to use Nomi Highchair without your help. Nomi Highchair is designed to stimulate movement and provide safe support in many different positions. Including the imaginative. Movement strengthens your child's motoric skills and learning capacity - and prevents passive sitting habits in the future.